Please note: due to Covid-19, this program is postponed to second quarter of 2021 or 2022
Experience the Château de Chantilly
as if you were the Duke yourself!
One single day exclusive program
filled with French history, fine art, high jewelry,
French gardens, haute cuisine and night show
Created and orchestred by RoccaBaracca
associated with three official partners
Château de Chantilly, located North of Paris; home of a prince and collector
Duke of Aumale (1822 – 1897),
son of the last King of France, with an extraordinary destiny...
Some of the Château's masterpieces:
the Pink Diamond that may have been given in 1643 by the Sun King of France, Louis XIV, to an ancestor of Duke's family,
and Nude Mona Lisa that looks like a Leonardo da Vinci artwork.
Duke of Aumale has hosted Queen of Danemark,
Queen of Hungary and Empress of Austria,
Baron de Rothschild...in La Galerie des Cerfs (Gallery of the Stags)
YOUR ARE WELCOME LIKE PRINCE
IN THIS MAGNIFICIENT CHATEAU
After consulting the library and the archives of the Château, the following one single day program has been inspired by the art de vivre of Duke of Aumale. It includes:
- Weather permitting, luxury helicopter flight at low altitude (400 m) from Paris to Château de Chantilly (20 minutes)
- Private show of countless masterpieces and precious manuscripts. Some are kept in the Château's safes. One has not been displayed to the public since 1929.
- Private visit of the 2019 newly restored Duc and Duchess's apartment
- Rare Bordeaux wine tasting at the Château's Cour d'Honneur
- Carriage ride to the Château's Hamlet, dating from 1773, that inspired Marie-Antoinette's Hameau de la Reine in the Petit Trianon in Château de Versailles
- First ever haute gastronomy dinner in the Galerie des Cerfs with some of the Duke's tableware, prepared on-site by Christophe Pelé, Executive Chef at Le Clarence in Paris, a two Michelin star restaurant. He will work with a tailor-made La Cornue range. The menu will be inspired by the Duke's favorite dishes.
- Spectacular equestrian night show performed with fire and led inside the Chateau's Jardin de la Volière (Aviary Garden), water show in the Le Nôtre Gardens, the gardener of Château de Versailles
- Prepared to be surprised...with a WOW moment
Le Château de Chantilly
Christophe Pelé, Two Michelin Star Chef, Le Clarence Paris
La Cornue, handcrafted French kitchens since 1908
About the Official Partners of RoccaBaracca
Located at 50 km from Paris, the Château de Chantilly is one of the finest jewels in the crown of France's cultural heritage. The Duke of Aumale, son of the last King of France, inheritor of Château de Chantilly, is considered to be the greatest collector of his time. He has created a fabulous collection of masterpieces for France when he was in exil during the French Revolution in 1848. On his return in 1871, the Château was rebuilt to house his lifetime achievement. A part of his collection is considered to be the second largest collection of antique paintings after the Louvre Museum in Paris.
The Château survived down through the centuries. The layout remains as it was when the Duke of Aumale bequeathed it to the Institut de France in 1886,
* Christophe Pelé, Executive Chef and Deputy General Manager at Le Clarence, a two Michelin star restaurant in Paris: http://www.le-clarence.paris/en/.
Le Clarence restaurant is located in the "Triangle d'Or" of Paris in Hotel Dillon. This magnificent 19th century private townhouse, with rare wine cellars, is owned by HRH Prince Robert de Luxembourg. The atmosphere and the universe of the Prince's Bordeaux Château Haut Brion has been transposed to his superb parisian "Hôtel Particulier".
Venison, foie gras, anchovy, caviar, venison jus
* La Cornue, kitchens and creations of excellence since 1908: https://lacornue.com/en-GB
For more than a century, the artisans at La Cornue haven't just building ovens, thay 've been creating works of art that resonate with the French gastronomic culture. Each Château cooker is hand-crafted and made-to-measure, allowing to select every detail, from the configuration size, to the colour, trim and accessories. For Epicurians, it's the ultimate statement piece.
Date: this once-a-lifetime experience will be held from noon to midnight on one day only in May, June or September 2021 or 2022 (Covid-19 permitting). A six-month advance notice is required to book this unique event.
A-la-carte: this experience can be tailor-made according to the needs, passion and requirements of the guests.
Price on demand: The price includes a financial donation to support Château de Chantilly. Depending on the guest goals, the donation can be allocated to a specific project or event such as a restoration project in the château or gardens, improving accessibility to the grounds, to present outstanding exhibitions, or equestrian dressage. Numerous benefits are tailored for the donors.
Up to 16 guests.
Please note: night stay at the Château in not allowed according to Duke's will.